Thursday, July 22, 2010

Damn The Luck!

Last night, right around the same time, I was standing out right next to that big freakin’ tree in the foreground, lamenting that I’d missed the peak of the light.

Tonight,I was about to start cooking dinner when I glanced out the window and saw a Jayhawk hovering over the Terrapin, which is back in the river, visiting and training.

CGDrills

This is a severe crop from a frame taken with the G zoom at 300mm, which equates to 450mm in 35mm film terms.  I propped myself up against the front porch railing to steady myself.  Since the Terrapin was still making headway, there wasn’t much question about grabbing a tripod or monopod… had to work with the support available.

There are two humans dangling between the helo and the boat.  It’s just a drill.  Just another evening framed by my windowsills.

ISO 200, 1/250th @ f/5.6.  Massive crop.  This probably uses 1/10 of the frame.

No comments: