Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Just Love It When Luck Smiles on Me

I saw the Pyxis (and yes, the ship geek in me knew that it was the Pyxis long before I could confirm it any other way) when I first hit the causeway to the Youngs Bay Bridge.

I didn’t want to get my hopes up, but I saw that the timing might work out just right for me to be able to catch the pilot transfer from the 6th Street platform.

The sequence was much like the one I did after being away from the platform for so long, so I won’t duplicate it here, but I did especially like one frame, particularly for the light.  The Connor Foss is no Arrow #2 in terms of panache, but she still looks good and up to the task.

Connor Foss cuts into the Pyxis

A77, ISO 400.  70-300 G zoom @ 200mm, f/8 @ 1/1250.

No crop. Adjustments in LR4, optimized for screen in PS5.

No comments: