Tuesday, June 5, 2012

An Explosive Afternoon

Now and again, the Lady Washington and the Hawaiian Chieftain ply through these waters and play at being ships of the line. 

Since I had some warning this time, I made it a point to be on hand when Sunday’s Battle Sail took place.

HawaiianCheiftan1

The Chieftain leaves the East Mooring Basin.

LadyWashingtonBeautyShot

The Lady Washington sails downstream.

ChieftanAndSmoke

The Chieftain, shrouded in smoke from her own gun.

MissedOpportunity

No shots were fired on this pass.  I’m no naval tactician, but I think somebody (or multiple somebodies) dropped the (cannon)ball here.

CrossingSwords

Another (tactical) missed opportunity.  I didn’t hesitate, to shoot multiple frames, though!

LadyWashingtonBlast1

The Lady Washington, after loosing a salvo.

After tying up:

InTheRigging1

InTheRigging2

No comments: